Feb 5th - Disciplined Agile Delivery: Going Beyond Scrum with Mark Lines
The Disciplined Agile Delivery (DAD) process decision framework is a hybrid which adopts proven strategies from Scrum, XP, Agile Modeling, Outside In Development, Lean/Kanban, DevOps, and others in a disciplined manner. DAD provides goal-driven, tailorable advice for the full solution delivery lifecycle that goes beyond the software-construction focus of other agile methods. Because delivery teams do not work in a vacuum DAD is enterprise aware, showing how agile teams can leverage and enhance their existing IT ecosystem in a governable manner. DAD is at the forefront of the new generation of agile/lean methods for the enterprise.
During this presentation you will learn:
- What the Disciplined Agile Delivery (DAD) framework is.
- Why a hybrid approach is necessary for enterprise development.
- How to take a goal-driven, instead of prescriptive, approach.
- Why a full delivery lifecycle is required and what your options actually are.
- What complexity factors you need to consider when scaling and tailoring DAD.
- What it means to be enterprise aware.
Mark Lines is Managing Partner at Scott Ambler + Associates. He is an Agile Coach and co-creator of the Disciplined Agile Delivery framework. Mark is co-author with Scott Ambler of Disciplined Agile Delivery: A Practitioner’s Guide to Agile Software Delivery in the Enterprise. Mark is a “disciplined” agile coach, helping organizations all over the world transform from traditional to agile methods. He writes for many publications including the Cutter Consortium and is a frequent speaker at industry conferences. Mark blogs about DAD at DisciplinedAgileDelivery.com. Mark is also a Founding Member of the Disciplined Agile Consortium (DAC), the certification body for disciplined agile.